Hardware limited warranty
This Aeon Computing Hardware Limited Warranty gives you, the customer, express limited warranty rights from Aeon Computing, the manufacturer. In addition, you may also have other legal rights under applicable local law or special written agreement with Aeon Computing.
AEON COMPUTING MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR CONDITION WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL AND AEON COMPUTING EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS NOT STATED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LOCAL LAW OF JURISDICTIONS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, AEON COMPUTING DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS OCCURRING IN THE UNITED STATES, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW A LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR CONSUMER PRODUCTS. IN SUCH STATES OR COUNTRIES, SOME EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS STATEMENT, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT LAWFULLY PERMITTED, DO NOT EXCLUDE, RESTRICT, OR MODIFY BUT ARE IN ADDITION TO THE MANDATORY STATUTORY RIGHTS APPLICABLE TO THE SALE OF THIS PRODUCT TO YOU.
This Limited Warranty is applicable in all countries and may be enforced in any country or region where Aeon Computing or its authorized service providers offer warranty service for the same product model number subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Limited Warranty.
Under the Aeon Computing Global Limited Warranty program, products purchased in one country/region may be transferred to another country/region, where Aeon Computing or its authorized service providers offer warranty service for the same product model number, without voiding the warranty. Warranty terms, service availability, and service response times may vary from country/region to country/region. Standard warranty service response time is subject to change due to local parts availability. Your Aeon Computing authorized service provider can provide you with details. Aeon Computing is not responsible for any tariffs or duties that may be incurred in transferring the products. Transfer of the products may be covered by export controls issued by the United States or other governments.
This Limited Warranty applies only to Aeon Computing-branded hardware products (collectively referred to in this Limited Warranty as “Aeon Computing Hardware Products”) sold by or leased from Aeon Computing, Inc, its worldwide subsidiaries, affiliates, authorized resellers, or country distributors (collectively referred to in this Limited Warranty as “Aeon Computing”) with this Limited Warranty. The term “Aeon Computing Hardware Product” is limited to the hardware components and required firmware. The term “Aeon Computing Hardware Product” DOES NOT include any software applications or programs, non-Aeon Computing products, or non-Aeon Computing branded peripherals. All non-Aeon Computing products or non-Aeon Computing branded peripherals external to the Aeon Computing Hardware Product— such as external storage subsystems, displays, printers and other peripherals—are provided “AS IS” without Aeon Computing warranty. However, non-Aeon Computing manufacturers and suppliers or publishers may provide their own warranties directly to you.
Aeon Computing warrants that the Aeon Computing Hardware Products that you have purchased or leased from Aeon Computing are free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the Limited Warranty Period. The Limited Warranty Period starts on the date of purchase or lease from Aeon Computing, or from the date Aeon Computing completes installation. Your dated sales or delivery receipt, showing the date of purchase or lease of the product, is your proof of the purchase or lease date. You may be required to provide proof of purchase or lease as a condition of receiving warranty service. You are entitled to hardware warranty service according to the terms and conditions of this document if a repair to your Aeon Computing Hardware Product is required within the Limited Warranty Period.
Unless otherwise stated, and to the extent permitted by local law, new Aeon Computing Hardware Products may be manufactured using new materials or new and used materials equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Aeon Computing may repair or replace Aeon Computing Hardware Products (a) with new or previously used products or parts equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or (b) with equivalent products to an original product that has been discontinued. Replacement parts are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for ninety (90) days or, for the remainder of the Limited Warranty Period of the Aeon Computing Hardware Product they are replacing or in which they are installed, whichever is longer.
During the Limited Warranty Period, Aeon Computing will, at its discretion, repair or replace any defective component. All component parts or hardware products removed under this Limited Warranty become the property of Aeon Computing. In the unlikely event that your Aeon Computing Hardware Product has recurring failures, Aeon Computing, at its sole discretion, may elect to provide you with (a) a replacement unit of Aeon Computing’s choosing that is the same or equivalent to your Aeon Computing Hardware Product in performance or (b) to give you a refund of your purchase price or lease payments (less interest) instead of a replacement. This is your exclusive remedy for defective products.
AEON COMPUTING DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THIS PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. AEON COMPUTING IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE THAT OCCURS AS A RESULT OF YOUR FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS INTENDED FOR THE AEON COMPUTING HARDWARE PRODUCT.
This Limited Warranty does not apply to expendable or consumable parts and does not extend to any product from which the serial number has been removed or that has been damaged or rendered defective (a) as a result of accident, misuse, abuse, contamination, improper or inadequate maintenance or calibration or other external causes; (b) by operation outside the usage parameters stated in the user documentation that shipped with the product; (c) by software, interfacing, parts or supplies not supplied by Aeon Computing; (d) improper site preparation or maintenance; (e) virus infection; (f) loss or damage in transit; or (g) by modification or service by anyone other than (i) Aeon Computing, (ii) an Aeon Computing authorized service provider, or (iii) your own installation of Aeon Computing-approved parts if available for your product in the servicing country or region.
AEON COMPUTING IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF ANY PROGRAMS, DATA, OR REMOVABLE STORAGE MEDIA. AEON COMPUTING IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESTORATION OR REINSTALLATION OF ANY PROGRAMS OR DATA OTHER THAN SOFTWARE INSTALLED BY AEON COMPUTING WHEN THE PRODUCT IS MANUFACTURED.
Aeon Computing is not responsible for any interoperability or compatibility issues that may arise when (1) products, software, or options not supported by Aeon Computing are used; (2) configurations not supported by Aeon Computing are used; (3) parts intended for one system are installed in another system of different make or model.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LOCAL LAW, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONSTITUTE THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND AEON COMPUTING REGARDING THE AEON COMPUTING HARDWARE PRODUCT YOU HAVE PURCHASED OR LEASED. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SUPERSEDE ANY PRIOR AGREEMENTS OR REPRESENTATION INCLUDING REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN AEON COMPUTING SALES LITERATURE OR ADVICE GIVEN TO YOU BY AEON COMPUTING OR AN AGENT OR EMPLOYEE OF AEON COMPUTING THAT MAY HAVE BEEN MADE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PURCHASE OR LEASE OF THE AEON COMPUTING HARDWARE PRODUCT. No change to the conditions of this Limited Warranty is valid unless it is made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Aeon Computing.
Limitation of liability
IF YOUR AEON COMPUTING HARDWARE PRODUCT FAILS TO WORK AS WARRANTED ABOVE, AEON COMPUTING’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE PRICE YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT OR THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY HARDWARE COMPONENTS THAT MALFUNCTION IN CONDITIONS OF NORMAL USE.
EXCEPT AS INDICATED ABOVE, IN NO EVENT WILL AEON COMPUTING BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE PRODUCT OR THE FAILURE OF THE PRODUCT TO PERFORM, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR SAVINGS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF USE, OR ANY OTHER COMMERICAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS OF ANY KIND, OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. AEON COMPUTING IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM MADE BY A THIRD PARTY OR MADE BY YOU FOR A THIRD PARTY.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT, OR A CLAIM MADE, UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR AS A TORT CLAIM (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY), A CONTRACT CLAIM, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY CANNOT BE WAIVED OR AMENDED BY ANY PERSON. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL BE EFFECTIVE EVEN IF YOU HAVE ADVISED AEON COMPUTING OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF AEON COMPUTING OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES OR EVEN IF SUCH POSSIBILITY WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, HOWEVER, WILL NOT APPLY TO CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY. YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONSULT APPLICABLE STATE OR COUNTRY LAWS FOR A FULL DETERMINATION OF YOUR RIGHTS.
Options limited warranty
The Limited Warranty terms and conditions for most Aeon Computing-branded options (Aeon Computing Options) are as set forth in the Limited Warranty applicable to the Aeon Computing Option. If your Aeon Computing Option is installed in an Aeon Computing Hardware Product, Aeon Computing may provide warranty service for either the period specified in the warranty documents (Aeon Computing Option Limited Warranty Period) that shipped with the Aeon Computing Option or for the remaining warranty period of the Aeon Computing Hardware Product in which the Aeon Computing Option is being installed, whichever period is the longer unless stated otherwise in the Limited warranty period section. In all cases, the warranty period of the Aeon Computing Option will not exceed three (3) years from the date you purchased the Aeon Computing Option. The Aeon Computing Option Limited Warranty Period starts from the date of purchase from Aeon Computing or an Aeon Computing authorized reseller. Your dated sales or delivery receipt, showing the date of purchase of the Aeon Computing Option, is your warranty start date. See your Aeon Computing Option Limited Warranty for more details. Non-Aeon Computing options are provided “AS IS”. However, non-Aeon Computing manufacturers and suppliers may provide warranties directly to you.
To enable Aeon Computing to provide the best possible support and service during the Limited Warranty Period, you will be required to:
- Maintain a proper and adequate environment, and use the Aeon Computing Hardware Product in accordance with the instructions furnished.
- Verify configurations, load most recent firmware, install software patches, run Aeon Computing diagnostics and utilities, and implement temporary procedures or workarounds provided by Aeon Computing while Aeon Computing works on permanent solutions.
- Allow Aeon Computing to keep resident on your systems or sites certain system and network diagnosis and maintenance tools to facilitate the performance of warranty support (collectively referred to as “Aeon Service Tools”); Aeon Service Tools are and remain the sole and exclusive property of Aeon Computing. Additionally, you will:
- Use the Aeon Service Tools only during the applicable warranty period and only as allowed by Aeon Computing
- Install, maintain, and support Aeon Service Tools, including any required updates and patches
- Provide remote connectivity through an encrypted, secure method such as ssh or an Aeon Computing-approved communications line, if required
- Assist Aeon Computing in running the Aeon Service Tools
- Use the electronic data transfer capability to inform Aeon Computing of events identified by the software
- Purchase Aeon Computing-specified remote connection hardware for systems with remote diagnosis service, if required
- Return the Aeon Service Tools or allow Aeon Computing to remove these Aeon Service Tools upon termination of warranty support
- Not sell, transfer, assign, pledge, or in any way encumber or convey the Aeon Service Tools
- In some cases, Aeon Computing may require additional software such as drivers and agents to be loaded on your system in order to take advantage of these support solutions and capabilities.
- Use Aeon Computing remote support solutions where applicable. Aeon Computing strongly encourages you to use available support technologies provided by Aeon Computing. If you choose not to deploy available remote support capabilities, you may incur additional costs due to increased support resource requirements.
- Cooperate with Aeon Computing in attempting to resolve the problem over the telephone. This may involve performing routine diagnostic procedures, installing additional software updates or patches, removing third-party options, and/or substituting options.
- Make periodic backup copies of your files, data, or programs stored on your hard drive or other storage devices as a precaution against possible failures, alteration, or loss. Before returning any Aeon Computing Hardware Product for warranty support, back up your files, data, and programs, and remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information.
- Maintain a procedure to reconstruct your lost or altered files, data, or programs that is not dependent on the Aeon Computing Hardware Product under warranty support.
- Notify Aeon Computing if you use Aeon Computing Hardware Products in an environment that poses a potential health or safety hazard to Aeon Computing employees or subcontractors. Aeon Computing may require you to maintain such products under Aeon Computing supervision and may postpone warranty service until you remedy such hazards.
- Perform additional tasks as defined within each type of warranty service listed below and any other actions that Aeon Computing may reasonably request in order to best perform the warranty support. Global Limited Warranty and Technical Support North America.
Types of hardware warranty service
Listed below are the types of warranty services that may be applicable to the Aeon Computing Hardware Product you have purchased. For more details, refer to the “Limited warranty period” section.
Customer self repair
Aeon Computing products are designed with many Customer Self Repair (CSR) parts to minimize repair time and allow for greater flexibility in performing defective parts replacement. If during the diagnosis period, Aeon Computing identifies that the repair can be accomplished by the use of a CSR part, Aeon Computing will ship that part directly to you for replacement. There are two categories of CSR parts:
- Parts for which customer self repair is mandatory. If you request Aeon Computing to replace these parts, you will be charged for the travel and labor costs of this service.
- Parts for which customer self repair is optional. These parts are also designed for customer self repair. If, however, you require that Aeon Computing replace them for you, this may be done at no additional charge under the type of warranty service designated for your product.
Based on availability and where geography permits, CSR parts will be shipped for next business day delivery. Same-day or four-hour delivery may be offered at an additional charge where geography permits. If assistance is required, you can call the Aeon Computing Technical Support Center and a technician will help you over the telephone. Aeon Computing specifies in the materials shipped with a replacement CSR part whether a defective part must be returned to Aeon Computing. In cases where it is required to return the defective part to Aeon Computing, you must ship the defective part back to Aeon Computing within a defined period of time, normally five (5) business days. The defective part must be returned with the associated documentation in the provided shipping material. Failure to return the defective part may result in Aeon Computing billing you for the replacement. With a customer self repair, Aeon Computing will pay all shipping and part return costs and determine the courier/carrier to be used.
Parts only warranty service
Your Aeon Computing Limited Warranty may include a parts only warranty service. Under the terms of parts only service, Aeon Computing will provide replacement parts free of charge. If Aeon Computing carries out the repair, labor and logistics costs are at your expense.
Advanced replacement warranty service
Your Aeon Computing Limited Warranty may include an advanced replacement warranty service for the Aeon Computing Hardware Product you purchased or CSR parts. Under the terms of the advanced replacement warranty service, Aeon Computing will ship a CSR part or, at Aeon Computing’s sole discretion a replacement unit, directly to you if the Aeon Computing Hardware Product you purchased is diagnosed as defective. On receiving the replacement unit, you will be required to return the defective CSR part or unit back to Aeon Computing, in the packaging that arrives with the replacement unit, within a defined period of time, normally five (5) days. Aeon Computing will incur all shipping and insurance costs to ship the replacement CSR part or unit to you. You are responsible for the return of the defective CSR part or unit to Aeon Computing and all shipping and insurance costs to return the defective CSR part or unit to Aeon Computing. Failure to return the defective unit may result in Aeon Computing billing you for the replacement unit.
On-site warranty service
Your Aeon Computing Limited Warranty may include an on-site warranty service. Under the terms of on-site service, Aeon Computing may, at its sole discretion, determine if a defect can be repaired:
- By the use of a CSR part
- By a service call at the location of the defective unit Global Limited Warranty and Technical Support North America
If Aeon Computing ultimately determines that an on-site service call is required to repair a defect, the call will be scheduled during standard office hours unless otherwise stated for the Aeon Computing Hardware Product you purchased. Standard office hours are typically 08:00 to 17:00, Monday through Friday, but may vary with local business practices. If the location of the defective unit is outside the customary service zone (typically 50km), response times may be longer or there may be additional charges. To locate the nearest Aeon Computing authorized service provider, refer to the Aeon Computing website at http://www.Aeon Computing.com/support.
In order to receive on-site support, you must:
- Have a representative present when Aeon Computing provides warranty services at your site
- Notify Aeon Computing if products are being used in an environment which poses a potential health or safety hazard to Aeon Computing employees or subcontractors
- Subject to its reasonable security requirements, provide Aeon Computing with sufficient, free, and safe access to and use of all facilities, information, and systems determined necessary by Aeon Computing to provide timely support
- Ensure that all manufacturers labels (such as serial numbers) are in place, accessible, and legible
- Maintain an environment consistent with product specifications and supported configurations
Aeon Computing has a range of additional support and service coverage for your product that can be purchased locally. However, some support and related products may not be available in all countries. For information on availability of service upgrades and the cost for these service upgrades, refer to the Aeon Computing website at http://www.aeoncomputing.com/support.
Limited warranty period
The Limited Warranty Period for an Aeon Computing Hardware Product is a specified, fixed period commencing on the date of purchase. The date on your sales receipt is the date of purchase unless Aeon Computing or your reseller informs you otherwise in writing.
Software limited warranty
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE APPLICABLE SOFTWARE END-USER LICENSE OR PROGRAM LICENSE AGREEMENT, OR IF OTHERWISE PROVIDED UNDER LOCAL LAW, SOFTWARE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING ANY SOFTWARE PRODUCTS, FREEWARE (as defined below) OR THE OPERATING SYSTEM PREINSTALLED BY AEON COMPUTING ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS, AND AEON COMPUTING HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON- INFRINGEMENT, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND OF LACK OF VIRUSES. Some states/jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on the duration of implied warranties, so the above disclaimer may not apply to you in its entirety. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL AEON COMPUTING OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, EVEN IF AEON COMPUTING OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF THE REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. Some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Aeon Computing’s only warranty obligations with respect to software distributed by Aeon Computing under the Aeon Computing brand name are set forth in the applicable end-user license or program license agreement provided with that software. If the removable media on which Aeon Computing distributes the software proves to be defective in materials or workmanship within ninety (90) days of purchase, your sole remedy shall be to return the removable media to Aeon Computing for replacement.
It is your responsibility to contact non-Aeon Computing manufacturers or suppliers for their warranty support.
Freeware or “Open Source” operating systems, applications and source code
Aeon Computing does not provide support for software provided under public license by third parties, including operating systems or applications (“Freeware”). Support for Freeware provided with Aeon Computing Hardware Products is provided by the Freeware vendor. Please refer to the Freeware operating system or other Freeware application support statement included with your Aeon Computing Hardware Product. Aeon Computing may, at its sole discretion, provide support or guidance on Freeware or “open source” operating systems, applications, libraries, utilities or source code as it pertains to its use with Aeon Computing Hardware Products.
Any Freeware or “open source” operating system, software, utility, library or source code is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILTY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Unless otherwise licensed, any Freeware or “open source” operating system, software, utility, library, tool or source code are provided as free software under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License. You can redistribute them and/or modify them under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation Version 2.1 of the License.
Support for initial setup
Electronic or telephone support for initial setup is available from Aeon Computing for ninety (90) days from date of purchase. See “Contacting Aeon Computing” for online resources and telephone support.
- Answering installation questions (how-to, first steps, and prerequisites)
- Setting up and configuring software and options supplied or purchased with Aeon Computing Hardware Products (how-to and first steps)
- Interpreting system error messages
- Isolating system problems
- Obtaining support pack information or updates for software purchased or supplied with Aeon Computing Hardware Products
Support does NOT include assistance with:
- Generating or diagnosing user-generated programs or source codes
- Installation of non-Aeon Computing products
- System optimization, customization, and network configuration.
Contacting Aeon Computing
If your product fails during the Limited Warranty Period and the suggestions in the product documentation do not solve the problem, you can receive support by doing the following:
- Locate your nearest Aeon Computing support provider via the World Wide Web at: http://www.aeoncomputing.com/support
- Contact your nearest Aeon Computing support provider, and be sure to have the following information available before you call:
- Product serial number, model name, and model number
- Applicable error messages
- Add-on options
- Operating system
- Third-party hardware or software
- Detailed questions